Smell the Roses

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Popular Culture

What is popular culture? Popular culture is a way of life, attitudes, beliefs, behaviors and customs of different people.
What does popular culture mean to me? To me popular culture means many people have different beliefs and behaviors, but live in one world. In order to live together do not necessarily mean we have to share the same traits in life.
Understanding popular culture is important to me now and in the future because of my present position on my job and the future I am working toward. Currently I work with all different cultures at Columbus City Schools. I talk and interact with many different nationalities of children. I am an accounting major and I plan to work in the accounting field as a fraud examiner. That will include talking, interview, and making contact with many different people. Being able to understand there culture will help me greatly in performing my duties

I chose Mickey Mouse as my popular culture artifact. Mickey has been a part of America and other parts of the world for 80 years and counting. Adults and children of many different cultures has had the privilege of enjoying this cute little mouse. With two resorts (Disneyland and Disney World), Disney has helped children and adults see magic through entertainment and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment